Monday, January 27, 2014




After 2 days of brilliant blue skies, it is raining a cold rain today in Firenze. 
After some deer-in-the-headlights back and forth this morning, we set out for coffee at Patrizio Cosi.
Now back home, somewhat soaked, we are pondering lunch.
I don't like the idea of going out again but our food stocks here consist of: chocolate dipped cookies, a tub of honey, red wine and a bag of pre-packaged salad.
Greg is okay with walking to Coop for a roasted chicken, and I will walk to the closer place (Conad) for sausages, cannellini beans, and spinach. One of us will pick up bread. Wine supplies already in are sufficient.

I am going first to Oibo, on the corner, to try and catch Daniela having a quick espresso after her lunch break from work.

The great thing about a rainy day, aside from the OK from above that it's OK to stay in, is that I've started a VG book: The Dante Trap by Arnaud Delalande. A Venetian murder mystery with just enough history woven within the story that it is elevated from the more common formula.

Tomorrow is the one dry and sunny day predicted for this week, so my hope is to go to Lucca. That is somewhat dependent on getting an early to bed and good night's sleep tonight. It's becoming harder to march responsibly here as the years pass and I've become older. I seem to be settling into some sort of 'vacation' mode that I didn't previously allow myself.